Friday, March 30, 2007

Liberty

Liberty, I got outside as evening was coming today. I walked on a familiar path that has been shaded with a sinister tone since a killer had been hanging out there. Supposedly the man in question has been caught but the place still has an aura of the event. I hate that, I have to avoid a familiar place of escape because of a human predator. So, today was the first I time in a long time that I was willing to return.

I love the small feeling of wildness I get when I am surrounded by nature. I reconnect to myself, that I am for a moment unconventional, unbound, and not so domesticated.

The air was thick with the smell of tannin, the decay of oak leaves in the small pond tingeing a deep brown. The yellow willow wands were glowing against the dark water. The frogs were making their loud resonant cries. It was a warm beautiful evening as clouds rolled in over the sunset.

I left before it became too dark, still thinking of safety. As I left I was thinking of myself in the future, fit and tall walking two giant dogs with my blonde hair streaked with white, formidable. That is how I choose to be, not this meek thing sissing around like a mouse. Wild as it should be, stewing my plants to make things as I had once so loved to do. Knowing their names, properties and colors when cooked. Today I felt so much like those early spring plants peeking out from the leaves, anemic from the lack of light but pushing upwards.

2 weeks of only 1 set of work = a slice of heaven.

No comments: