Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I am so very nervous about an art show I am in this week. The opening is coming up and I am tense about it. In fact the stress of this has gone right to my stomach, which it always does. So I am feeling rather ill. I hate openings, and I think I may always feel that way. It is funny that I crave having shows and feel accomplished when I get in them. I hate the process of the opening itself, where your work is on display and people mill around you. I wonder what it is that I fear? Perhaps it is the audience having a negative reaction to the work, a scoff and a rude comment. Then again is that so terrible, that I could not confront it? I am silly about this, what am I going to do when I am the only artist showing? (this will be happening soon) I will be sick for 2 weeks before then and loose 20lbs at this rate! What do you do, dear bloggers when you have to confront an uncomfortable social event? Any tips? My stomach will be eternally grateful for your advice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you have to confront an uncomfortable social event?

not confronting it. not going.
it is a psychological trick you can say to yourself: when it affects me so much I am not going. You can later see how you feel and when you then feel ok you still can go. or not.

Corby said...

hmmm... I could try that, thanks Antonia

-Corby