Sunday, September 30, 2007

Hello all,

This week is going to be extremely busy. I hope to find pockets of relaxation time, but there are many demands on me right now.
Today I got out anyway for a bit. I went to the waterfront which in my city is full of industrial waste and a new wind farm. I did not see many migrants, other then some white-crowned sparrows and one lonely killdeer. The killdeer had a broken leg and did not suffer long. An immature peregrine falcon flew past at warp speed and caught himself a killdeer breakfast. I am working with an older extended lens for photography which is no where near the clarity of my newer one that is being repaired. (yes that whole water issue) I did manage to sneak in some terrific shots of a group of turkey vultures who practically posed in front of the wind turbines for me. Lovely and very paintable and so not seen on this blog. (I do keep all of my best photos to myself so that I can use them as references)

I rescued a ring-billed gull that had gotten stuck in the muck on the waters edge. He was very emaciated and did not put up much of a fight. He is hopefully getting the treatment he needs at the vets. I do not have the time anymore to care for them myself. I miss it and rather enjoyed having a rescue today, although I have great sympathy for the injured bird. It is always a thrill to hold a wild bird.

No comments: