Saturday, September 29, 2007

I have had a good chance to reflect on some of my paintings. Normally I race on ahead to the next one and leave the others, finding the flaws in them so apparent. So today I framed them for a show and lovingly patched any scratches. I got a chance to see them again as I had when I danced my brush over them. I felt the space they were born in as they grew out of lines on canvas. I took some time to look over the discoveries I encountered in them and remember the magic I felt as I reached a new level with my skills. These little moments are caught and go to be displayed. Perhaps someone else will discover something in them and give them a new life away from me.

3 comments:

Jean said...

I hope this is a successful show for you! Good luck.

Corby said...

Thanks! I have not yet reached the so nervous I am going to throw-up phase yet.

Jean said...

ha... keep gingerale handy :)