Tuesday, October 02, 2007

I hung my show today and should right now be feeling a sense of great accomplishment. I did for a while, felt the glow of pride, that I have done this thing. It is my very first solo show in a tiny little venue but I have 10 paintings and they look good. It is a milestone for me.

For tonight I feel poetry so I will post some since I found a little time and someone told me to take 40 minutes for myself this week. A reward for all of my work and to fight the temptation of getting sucked into the vortex of the work of the future.

The Opening

I knew this was coming
as the young boys
in their black and white
shout out to the evening air
I clasp her small hand
to keep from falling
they are our future
and I am already past.

One boy looks out
from the window
we pass by
my head low
I look up once
and remember such days
of endless promise.

Only the young do not know this
their bodies not fixed
on an axis
behind me a purple sleeved jailer
walks on
our procession endless
direction less.

My heart left already
on the soft smile your face held
it will not be returning.

It bounded on her
white deer memories
the way our eyes met
and my eagle talons heavy
wanted prey
but the sun set behind us
glowing the windows.

My heart left already
on the last light
of new year's hope filled day
our darkness endless
direction less.

-By the Corbyhawk herself

No comments: