Sunday, November 18, 2007

So I am trying to not think about something I did that I probably shouldn't have done. Instead I went out and about this AM despite the chill. It was a sunny morning and beautiful along the lake shore light wise. The cool wind, in the 30's; made my face all numb and rosy. I love the smell of the water, the sinking pressure of the sand below my feet and the birds I find there. No redpolls but still a large gathering of handsome mallards, the drake's heads glowing in the light. The swans made a cameo fly over but did not stay. In the other park robins and cedar waxwings were abundant. They were feasting on fat scarlet berries. The light was bad on the tree they were favoring or else I would have had some very lovely photos. An immature red tailed hawk sailed around looking for a meal. As he passed all of the birds would sit very still and wait for him to disappear before resuming their feast. Again no redpolls, only some purple finches. I am hungry to see the elusive evening grosbeaks that are erupting this year and should be around. Still no luck, but if I find them I am hopeful about a dream I had coming true. Silly but hey, read my description today. I am about to resume my painting after this break. I forced a no painting day yesterday to get myself hungry for it again. It worked and I feel quite successful right now. Night falls already but at least I did feel the air and sun today. It sets me right to be out with a small taste of wildness, fills my soul with memory.

4 comments:

Jean said...

good for you, my friend!
A well-deserved break brought you back refreshed and ready to plunge back into your passion.

Corby said...

Yep a good day to get out and bird, probably cooler here then where you are though.

-Corby

Jean said...

yep, a bit cooler, I'm sure.
Our evenings of late have been in the high 40's, daytimes around 70.

here is a website I think you might like, benwessenburg.com
He was one of the artists at the show this weekend. : )

Corby said...

Thanks for the tip on the artist :-)
Dropping into the 30's here with snow on the way, yuck.

-Corby