Saturday, January 05, 2008

To you my dear Aunt
and all of these goodbyes
I saw you there laughing
on the island this morning as I dreamed
your eyes were their glinting blue
the same as your fathers
the same as mine
and so sweet and dear you always were
a hug a kiss and time to hear my little voice
how you would laugh and give us all
your generous hospitality
such a gracious and wonderful Aunt
with so much love to give
and I remember you there
in your trailer as it was falling apart around you
warm air without your leg
sugar took it
as it took your fingers
and your life
How I grieved for you then, that you
were reduced to such suffering in such a place
where the rain leaked in above you
how death has been hammering at my door
and today it has taken your sweet soft face
and smile
get to the island now and hold hands with the sun
feel it warm upon your back
and know you will be missed

Goodbye Aunt Judy

2 comments:

Jean said...

another loss... I am so sorry.

Corby said...

thank you for your kind words, yes lots lately :-( hopefully no more to come.

-Corby