Saturday, January 12, 2008

I met this artist last night and he was quite wonderful. He is a friend of someone I know. I really loved his work and it makes me consider working smaller. Then again I did get a 36in x 60 in canvas today so perhaps in the future. The next painting is sneaking up on me and it is more of the same thing I am currently doing. Still I am going to go where it leads me and play a little tomorrow in printmaking. To hell with worry, I am no longer going to keep score of every day's accomplishments. It just wears me out and makes me feel bad about everything I don't do. I work constantly and well I will just have what I have when my show comes. There is a part of me that is just ever hopeful that the next work will be the best one and it drives me as I go. Maybe this one is going to be it and I feel a massive push to get to it and leave the others behind. This time I have slowed down and am tweaking the other paintings here and there to make them stronger. Some have had some drastic and unexpected changes as they progress. All for the better and now I cannot seem to leave them alone. A split between stalled ambition on the new and the need to reconsider the old. Yuck, I think way too much for my own good. So no more procrastination today it is getting late.

2 comments:

Jean said...

When is your show?

I looked at Daly's site. I think my favorite is the cornflowers in a vase.

Corby said...

My show is in the early part of March which gives me ample time to freak out unnecessarily. He is a great painter and seemed really nice as well. We talked about lakes that we know in common. It was cool to speak outdoors for a bit.

-Corby