Saturday, January 26, 2008

ok, post number two on this lazy Saturday. ( ok not so lazy since I have been painting since 9AM)
The alchemy idea works for me in the back of my mind. If I think of the elements in a painting as air earth fire and water and try to balance them it seems to make sense to me. I think I may have figured this one out a bit more. It has been -lighten the pants, no darken the pants, no lighten the pants. I have painted them over and over. I made the light more directional which helps. Now I am still looking at the pants and thinking hmmmm darken etc etc I cannot leave them yet. fuss fuss fuss ...I feel a bit better but my lungs feel heavy still so I took a nap which I simply never do. It felt really delicious though but no good dreams to greet me, everything is so quiet lately. I am waiting for my optimism to return and hope. Off I go less angry at this painting to get the pants right again.

No comments: