Monday, January 28, 2008

We sit at the threshold and I wonder at what it means to be a visionary at this time and place. I can only record what I see and experience now in order to translate it to a future. For me that is one of the major goals of art, to signify an experience, a time, a translation and to freeze it within the scrutiny of paint. -reflections on my work

This video is interesting and spawned a translation in my mind of my moodiness lately after some highbrow discussion about the future of education. I need to be more visionary and less mundanely adult. I am going to make an effort to get into a better place mentally and be a leader of vision and make change happen instead of just lamenting what is not. The future of art and education is one that is not at all static.

Here is the video


2 comments:

Carteach said...

Thank you for sharing your words and thoughts.

I teach... instruct... whatever name comes up. Mostly high school seniors, mostly auto mechanics.

Reality is, I role play life and try to lead them.. Lay knowlege on the table, dress it up, cook it just so, spice it in interesting ways.....
and hope they will pick it up.

Some days.... it's a win.
Some days..... not.
Some days......triumph
Some days..... heart break

Corby said...

So true, you are right. It is good to get inspired again. Welcome!

-Corbyhawk