Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oh my heart my sad heart
and fighting and rough words at home today when all I want is solace
She turned to watch, her little eyes following my tears
and how did I know that her friend now gone helped her lose that tooth
I pointed out yesterday
She smiled a sad smile, gave me her trust
and it stole my heart
which aches for them all
There is no greater grief then the long mass for two dead children
although the light makes the room shine with a million colors from the windows
and I want to paint flowers with butterflies, a perfect beauty
for them
with two white balloons against the sky and a million teddy bears sitting at the edge of the road that I pass to remember
We bowed our heads together as one
and wept for them
I know as we scattered we weep still
I need arms to hold me up, I am not strong enough to carry this
all this dying, dead ends and disappointments cut me down
tomorrow comes though with its anniversary of another great loss in my life
and I will find the sweet tinge of hope despite it all

2 comments:

Carteach said...

Wish I could be there to help...

Corby said...

Thanks I will be ok, I am a tough Corby.

:-)
-Corby