Friday, February 22, 2008

The pictures should have been shown for a wedding, a graduation, anything but this. Her little face which never had time to grow into the lean lines of adulthood. Her barbie doll laying on the table with a small silver crown she liked to wear. His drawing was on the table, he was always so proud and satisfied when he worked on them. His classmates would gather around him as if he were a magician when he drew a car or the Titanic. (he loved to draw machines) Tonight there was just some pictures and matchbox cars to tell the story of a life. I found it hard to breath and kept staring at the flowers that were so vivid and fresh in this room that closed its walls on me as I moved through the line. I hugged her tight, what could I say except give her hope in a hug, her children are gone forever. We all loved them so much.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Both children of the same family?
Oh no.
I'm so sorry, Corby.

Corby said...

Yes their only two children, it is heartbreaking. I knew them for many years.

-Corby