Friday, April 11, 2008

I am having the worst time settling down and writing. I have this thing I am supposed to write and I do not want to face it. My mind wanders and I want to get up and do something active to get away from it. So I bully myself back to concentrate and I just plain do not know what to say. So I tap the keyboard and write things to fill up space but they are not clear. They are just little blocks of letters to fill a page. I can't keep still and focus, I want to wander about the room, clean the house, walk the dogs, go outside, make lunch...anything but write.
ok back to work I swear I will get it done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes our brains need to write first - when that happens to me I don't fight the compulsion to do everything else but write because often that's my mind's way of taking over the task and does a bit of behind-the-scenes organizing. At least back in the day when I used to have to write a bit.

Corby said...

I just had to get it done because I was avoiding it. Procrastinating really, but a draft is done. -phew-
I had already organized it mentally (it was based on my recent paintings-so my brain was good to go,my heart however balked at the task)

:-)
Glad to read your words here

corby