Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I have had an almost magic day, almost in most ways it was good.
An artist asked me to pose for a portrait class he is teaching, he was almost awkward when he asked and I surprised my self by saying yes. Yes I would, clothing on of course but sure, why the hell not. To get looked upon, gazed upon today by him as if he had discovered something felt so damn good. I held my head up, yeah I am. Then later I had a great conversation with some new friends that went into the evening. Out of the box for a moment, I got out and could tenativley spread out my wings a bit, the ones I normally hide behind me. The ones I do not normally claim possession of, oh those lets carry on shall we. Droll droll droll. Not tonight I did not have to play dumb-nope. GOD it was great. My friend wondered if I had colored contacts in, my eyes were so blue today. Nope its a magic day and I am gaining my strength to shine. I am plain sick of all this darkness about.

4 comments:

dianne said...

Well thats more like it, see you just never know what a new day will bring.
Oh and Corby I never thought of you as one who would give up, I can feel a lot of personal & emotional strength there.
What a lovely day for you, nothing like a bit of happiness to put that sparkle back in your eyes & make you shine. Your artist friend has exceptional taste, he has chosen a beautiful portrait subject in choosing you. :-)

Jean said...

Good.For.You.

hey.....can you post some of the portraits that get done?? how cool that would be!

Anonymous said...

Some light to shine on the blue - sounds good to me! Some time to bask.

Corby said...

Dianne and Jean,
Maybe I will if I ever get a spare moment to sit still for them!

dw- yes time to bask, I am soaking in the rays.