Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A young friend asked me what a druid is.
He was very serious and generally a grumpy little guy so I sat next to him and looked him in the eye. Well I said that is a very complicated question. So I went through an in depth description of historical vs. mythical ideas on what a druid is. He asked me if druids could do magic? I said they used to believe that druids could control the weather, in some myths. Well he said if we happen to find a druid we will have to see if he can make it rain on a very sunny day, no clouds and then we will know for sure. I agreed with him that was a good plan.

2 comments:

dianne said...

Children are so honest, they ask the most wonderful questions & come up with the most imaginative & practical solutions.

Corby said...

They are great and keep my spirits up with their wonder at simple things.

-Corby