Saturday, June 14, 2008

So, I went in to drop off a print and the gallery director is desperate to fill up the show. This turns out to be a good thing since I say well I do have this piece and it is on my website. So she goes to it on her computer and sees most of my work. She seems to enjoy my paintings and exclaims at various pieces. So tomorrow I have to get something ready to hang and bring it to her.

Then today I got a rejection letter for a show. I was so sure that I was going to get into that I am having the work framed. So I am paying for it for no reason. Ah to be an artist, up then down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Website???? Ahem...

dianne said...

Website Corby??? Well even if it is private we would love to see some more of your work posted here, what do you think dw, great idea!

Anonymous said...

A website, almost by definition, is not private :))))) - or at least has as it's goal something other than keeping the light under a bushel.

Post post post - it's the post-modern thing to do...

dianne said...

dw dear , I was thinking the website might be like some of those Blogs where you can visit by invitation only, like a portfolio of Corby's works. :)

Corby said...

Hi my speculative friends. I do not know, then everyone will know my identity. I like to be anon on here so I can post freely.... we shall see.

-Corby