Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bailey Hall

I love you in the silence after sound
in echoes of your old memories
in who you are
and who you once were
I love you as footfalls
down old paths
into empty spaces
filled with whispered sounds
of voices long lost.
I love you as the note rings true
out of the throats of birds
as the string is struck
resonating endlessly forward.
I love you when the crow caws
evening, evening, evening
as the sun settles himself
and the curtain of twilight falls
I love you as I dream you here
imagine the soft weight of your fingertips
pressing in
what notes you sound from me
tuning my soul
that now mute
waits for you to play on.

-By the Corbyhawk herself

3 comments:

dianne said...

Wow Corbygirl that is really something...reminiscing about days gone by and your memories and attachments to your old 'Alma Mata', Bailey Hall, Cornell University...? :) xoxox

Corby said...

Nope, not my Alma Mata, just a visitor playing with an idea of a place with some emotions I am dealing with, an artistic rendition of a place...

-Corby

dianne said...

Well it is lovely anyway, amazing how places can take us through a whole sequence of emotions, stimulate our imagination, artistic & otherwise. :)