Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have not been very conversational as of late, in fact I am a bit of a recluse. There is a show I am in tomorrow and well I may just not go, although I really should go. I just do not feel like dealing with the stress of trying to make conversations and fit into the mold of the group. I do not feel much like fitting into any idea of what I should be. There have been many days where I pull on the same paint stained shorts and an old t-shirt and go paint a study. This is interrupted by some cooking here and there, a walk or a swim. I have been rather indulgent and read an entire fantasy sci-fi book in two days, a mindless pure enjoyment read. I am reluctant to give over this time to any other responsibilities, travels or even the mildest stress. The other day the highlight of this quiet state was finding a very old cherry tree on my walk. I was able to get some of the fruit on the low hanging branches and it was simply delicious. Kissed by the warm evening sun the cherries just sang with their slight tartness, wonderful. The next day they were mostly gone already, rats. So maybe I will muster up some desire to go to the show tomorrow. I have already skipped one show I am in, so perhaps I should dig out for the evening. I just like being invisible, here in the quiet slow days of summer. I can't imagine my absence would even be noticed at all.

No comments: