Friday, July 25, 2008

What a whirlwind the last few days have been, it will take a while to digest it all. Somethings were just excellent, inspiring and motivating, others were a bit heartbreaking. I am watching the sunset over Cayuga lake as I type this. The hills that slide into the lake are blues and violets cool with a sheen of white haze. The lake is glowing upwards as brightly as the sky above it, maybe even more so. I find I want to stay and go backwards to make hope come again, but it is over isn't it? Today is done and cannot be once more. I may have done things differently a million times but I guess I cannot. I will watch as the sun slinks beyond me into some other world where they are begining. I mourn its light as it leaves everything, slowly dragging itself away. What a beautiful sun it was, a dream really. I have listened and I heard it clear, but perhaps in my hearing I did not know it at all. In a world going ever forward I find I am constantly trying to look backwards.

1 comment:

dianne said...

It seems that most of your time away at the conference was positive as I see the word 'inspired' next to your avatar and you are tired as well, that comes from having to take in all of those new experiences; and from your postings there has been a lot for someone as sensitive as you are to the beautiful & subtle to perceive & absorb. :)
Your description of the sunset is full of beautiful imagery and though the day is over the sun will rise again,sadly the only way to capture these moments forever is in our memory.
I often long for moments from the past, as it seems I was happier then and really one can only hope that the future brings new beginnings that will be worthwhile & bring us happiness. :)