Wednesday, July 02, 2008

You will find the right words
just you wait and see
they'll be falling from the rooftops
on a blossom colored breeze
and the song you need to hear
will be singing through the trees
are you listening?

you are on the right path
you will realize
that the tears will always leave you
with a brighter pair of eyes
and the pain that you've been fighting
is an angel in disguise
it is love and love,
love is wise

There's still time to notice
still time to believe
that a door at last will open
where the darkness used to be
and the paradise you long for
is underneath your feet
what are you running for?
where've you been?

throw you heart into the ocean
throw your heart into the sea
you will find that all the right words
will come out naturally

Prologue by Sarah Slean
from her album The Baroness which is really just great.

8 comments:

dianne said...

Nice lyrics...do you like Tori Amos?

Corby said...

Yes I do like Tori Amos, but I like Sarah Slean's voice better. She is not as breathy which I do not like about Tori Amos. Sarah Slean can be understated and her melodies are always so perfect in pitch. Her lyrics are also thoughtful and surprising which is a feat in today's music world.

-Corby

Jean said...

beautiful lyrics. I think I need to purchase the cd.

dianne said...

Yes Sarah does have a better voice but something there reminded me of Tori, not just the piano.
I have just bought 'An Ancient Muse' by Loreena McKennitt, wasn't aware of it until last week, as always she paints beautiful images & feelings with her music & voice & transports me to another place. :)

ProdigyBoy said...

If you like the words, this is a poem in her new book of poetry by the Title, The Baroness. It's available on her official site and I have more info on it at: http://littleslean.blogspot.com

Corby said...

Jean- Yes you should it is a great album, I love it.

Dianne-I really like Loreena McKennitt and that album is also a really good one. I enjoy all of her stuff both older and newer.

prodigyboy-welcome! I was considering the book and I will check out the posts you have, thanks for stopping in. I am also a big fan of Sarah and have all of her previous albums as well. I like to listen to her as I paint.

-Corby

Anonymous said...

This may sound like a stupid question, but I have the album and I haven't heard the song on it, the lyrics are printed in the front cover though. How do you actually play the track? I saw her play live and she sang that song and it was soo beautiful, so I'd love to know how I can get my hands on a copy of the track.

Corby said...

I do not know myself and I am also sad it was not on the cd. If you find out let me know!! I will do likewise.

-Corby