Monday, October 13, 2008

Funny, I owe some of today's triumph to a barn owl, a red-tail hawk and a broad winged hawk. I loved those birds and I honor their memory. I learned how to face my fear with that red-tail even after she got me pretty good, I still worked with her. The barnie taught me about fighting for what is right and to not give up even when it seems like the world is not on your side. The broad wing taught me about trust, he trusted me enough to be the only non-imprinted formerly wild bird willing to jump up on my fist, for no reward. Amazing that another creature can trust a seeming predator. I can believe in today, today was pure joy. This world that I love gave me back a gift, a true gift and I am incredibly grateful for it.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I hope you keep a journal.
This is a beautiful marker of your life.

Corby said...

I do, I have lots of them everywhere. They are all on my bookshelves in my purse, the studio. Tons of little words

-Corby