Thursday, October 09, 2008

How will these words fall out?
To describe this dream
your hand drew mine
palm up palm down
tracing the edges of our match
puzzled at such a ready fit.
I rested on your shoulder
and could smell your skin
Was it only flashes of a dying mind
that resists the loss of life it craves?
How I wish it were prophecy
the true taste of your mouth
not just a trick of imagined memory.
This has flitted along the edges
of me all day
an unexpected visit
from a forgotten ache.
The laugh of G-d
cursing me to a shell of want
flooding my pulses with latent desire.
My prayers go unanswered
before dawn you broke through
took my surrender found my love
but I awoke too soon.

-By the Corbyhawk herself who is still stuck on the same long drawn out muse who doesn't have the fainest idea about any of this...sigh...why can't you ever get back into the same dream once you are awake and try to get back to it? I would have slept all day and night, for days, months, years...

11 comments:

dianne said...

Beautiful poem...beautiful dream... but dont you just hate it when you wake up just as it is going in the direction you want and you have this wonderful feeling of euphoria...then it goes and you're trying desperately to pick up the threads of the dream to take you back there.
You say this person has no idea, cant you tell them? Maybe there is a chance that he will feel the same?
♥ xoxoxox <3

dianne said...

So I made an absolute fool of myself by telling my Celtic knight how I felt about him, I had to take that chance... if it had worked out how I hoped it would have been wonderful...but he's not interested in me any more but I'm still glad I told him otherwise I would never
know if I did have a chance. :)♥<3

Corby said...

I will not tell him, I will not risk his friendship, nor disrupt his life with my selfish longings. I care too much for him to do that, so he will never know.

I always have these great dreams and then I am awakened by something and I just can't get back to them! I hate that!

-Corby

dianne said...

Thats sad Corby, are your longings so selfish?
I do understand - you dont want to disrupt his life or risk losing his friendship because you care too much; I wonder if he realises how wonderful and unselfish you really are? ♥ xoxox <3

Corby said...

I don't know what to say...
-Corby

dianne said...

You poor girl, my heart goes out to you Corby, what an awkward and heartbreaking situation for you to be in...I dont know what to say either to help you for I know how much it hurts.
Time and trying not to think of him has definitely helped me though my situation was different. The Celtic knight made the first advances but he should not have as his heart was still with her and now rejected I float around in search of hope. ♥

dianne said...

I dont know what the circumstances are so I'm just taking a stab in the dark, maybe I should not offer any advice, my life is a mess.

You say he is a friend, can you just increase the amount of social contact so you see him more often, maybe something could develop from there. Do you have mutual friends?

But dont do what I did and spill out your heart and feelings, if anything is going to happen it will but these things take time, if he feels the same he will soon let you know . ♥

Corby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corby said...

Diane,

You are very sweet and surely soon you will find someone who appreciates your kindness and wants to be with you. So many knights, so few real kings... :-)
so many nights, so few Apollos...
-Corby

dianne said...

Corby,

So many frogs, so few princes... :)

Dont worry about me, I just live in my closed little world and try to make my own happiness.

-Dianne ♥

Corby said...

That is what we all do, in some way. Make our own happiness, with help at times, with some good help.

:-)
-Corby