Saturday, October 04, 2008

I am the salmon
who rubs off it's scales of sorrow
I am the gull
who picks out the egg of creation
I am the eagle
who's talons sever loss
I am the sky
that enfolds wings
I am the rain
that falls as tears upon you
I am the still pool
reflecting souls
I am the river
erasing time down mountains
I am the ocean
who cradles the young
I am the salmon
who always returns to you

-In the shamanic tradition by the Corbyhawk who will not be bothered by being the fool again and again and again because their really is no antidote for a heart. If you have heard of one let me know.

5 comments:

ROSA E OLIVIER said...

Wonderful!...thanks...and for you...

"love is the one who masters all things."

Mawlãnã Rumi.

dianne said...

Again another extraordinarily beautiful poem Corby.
An antidote for a heart, I cannot help you there, I feel like the river of love is passing me by and I will never swim in its water again.♥

Anonymous said...

Of course, the opposite of love is indifference - to that I'd add detachment. There's your antidote. But who can really live like that? - it's merely existence, survival. It's not an antidote, merely a salve, but I've found the slow healing of time and meditation preferable.

In the meantime appreciate the insight of the heart to find these words like perfect pebbles among the clutter of the streambed and string them together into this incredible verse. You are so obviously nourished in some way by this incredible love. If you find the antidote for the heart, run the other way.

Jean said...

dw is very wise, Corby.

Corby said...

dw- What I hate about time is the slow fading of not only the pain but the unmeasurable sweetness that was the truth of it for at least a moment. I find the most difficult part of leaving it behind is the promise of what could be and how it made it seem like all things were so possible. Doubt feels like darkness and although it gives me words, so did the profound transformation that the person in question triggered within me. It was a rebirth that leaves you altered but now I am not fitting so well in the life I have returned to and I feel like it was all a dream.

Thanks for the nice words from all of you. I have been feeling wordy lately.

-Corby