Thursday, October 02, 2008

This will be a crabby post, it has been a crap week and my job is well.... I think it is very sad when young people promote as a joke images that are pro-nazi and therefore anti-semitic, racist, and well add sexist to it because it had that element as well. I also think it is doubly sad when people do not take that kind of thing seriously and let it slide under the carpet. I never can, I am far too passionate. Which can at times get me in trouble. It is so easy for the young to forget the reality of tragedy in this world, so easy to go again on that slippery slope. I worry that this may be a window into the future and it chills me deeply. I think it is important to never forget how easily hate can breed.

2 comments:

dianne said...

I agree with you Corby, when I look around at some,( not all as that would be generalisation) of this new generation of young people I fear for the future for them and all of us, some just dont seem to care and take every privilege for granted. They dont seem to realise that others have paid the ultimate sacrifice for the liberties that they now enjoy. ♥

Corby said...

No, they generally do not notice much more then themselves...

-Corby