Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ok, I have been in a weird spacey mood all day today. Luckily I could be in a spacey mood today and words are just flying out of me. Strange... I am not sure how good this is, but have a look. I sort of do not like rhymes so it is odd for me to write in rhyme, but hey today it came out. Yep, I woke up with this one and had to write it this morning with my eyeliner pencil on toilet paper (clean silly people) until I could transfer a more suitable paper. I have to catch them when they come out or else I forget them. I ditched the first 4 lines too trite.

Ouroboros

I sit in a cage a spoked wheel,
who's guilded bars are cast in steel.
A coppery snake winds its way
reflecting all who watch this cage.
Snake, snake with your mirrored face
come to free me from this place.
A thousand worlds I watch within
the reflected scales upon your skin.
As I waste away my twilight years
in this prison of my fears,
a small regret for what's at stake
but I crave communion with that snake.
As you circle around the rail
you swallow up your shining tail.
Spinning, spinning you take us away
our contorted shapes change and change
Now you have my wings, the bars gone
and endless heaven hears our song.

-By the Corbyhawk herself who wonders if it is quite done yet.... definitely inspired by something I have seen recently...

3 comments:

dianne said...

Well its very descriptive Corby...trapped by your fears or on display where all can see...wasting away your youth...maybe the images reflected in the snakes scales are the things you want to achieve...he mirrors your fears and yet it is you who will rescue yourself...the circle representing a continuation and completion...contorted shapes meaning change...you find your wings and fly and find the freedom and happiness you seek? ♥

Corby said...

Yeah, I guess.... could be.... could be something else but I like your conclusions on it. :-)

-Corby

Anonymous said...

I love this poem - the imagery and the rhyme make it so dreamlike. Very nice.

I can't help but think of those first four lines you ditched - flushed, were they?