Friday, November 28, 2008

So I went birding today, took a risk and birded for the entire day, instead of painting. Man o man did it just plain suck or what? Not really much was seen, ok some nice mergansers and what not but nothing extra-ordinary. I did see a peregrine go in on some gulls like a rocket-ship which is always a thrill, but I was in the car and he was quickly out of view. So I guess the morale of the story is I should have painted. I really want to see this snowy owl that is around in a nearby town. No dice, not only did I not see him, it was freezing cold standing on the pier for an hour or more really. I think my face is wind-burned. So I am grumpy. Then someone comes by and so helpfully says, "Well really the best time to see him is 6AM". Thanks, now I feel really good about the time I have spent on a fruitless search. Ah well, tomorrow I will paint and I can almost bet it will be sunny and people will see the owl. Rats.

2 comments:

dianne said...

Never mind, such dedication standing in the freezing cold, I hope you have better luck next time and see your snowy owl. ♥

Corby said...

Hopefully when again I get a chance to be out and about. :-)
at 6Am...

-Corby