Saturday, November 29, 2008

These words are useless,
they do not reach you ear, your eye
My mouth, my breath, my flesh
does not give them voice.
I rip them up
throw them away until
they cascade in empty air
diving kittiwakes
carrying the weight of wings
a precise eye as it falls
sees what ripples beneath
they have no flow, no purchase
behind clear glass I cannot utter them
phrase them, my lips move
but out of your hearing
silently they glide before me
striking the water
recovering up again
and quickly they disappear.

-By the Corbyhawk herself

2 comments:

dianne said...

They are useless when we speak them over and over in our minds, there no-one can hear them but us.

Not the object of our affection or for whom they would be spoken if allowed to leave our lips and take life and find the ears and heart of the one we love. ♥

Corby said...

Perhaps or just create complication, I do love the inspiration of it though. That keeps me going.

-Corby