Saturday, January 03, 2009

hold me until I break
and keep this silence
do not move me into tomorrow
now here now
before my heart beats again
and I am swallowed in what will be
press me into you
cover my ears my eyes
wrap up my hands
no news no words
no useless benedictions of hope
let me live there
listening to your exhale
feel living warmth that words cover
before I shatter
and my sweetness is lost
that pure belief in the impossible
it bids me now in this grief
to lift my head and look
towards all the emptiness
for you

-kaw kaw kiyree by the Corbyhawk

6 comments:

Jean said...

so much pain for both.

dianne said...

Very sad Corby, dont lose your sweetness. ♥

Corby said...

Perhaps it is not me...or perhaps I am not really so sweet.

-Corby

dianne said...

You must have sweetness...for anyone who could feel and write such words must have a beautiful soul. ♥

Louise | Italy said...

Beautiful. Not just the words you wrote, but also in the ability to recognise and encapsulate that moment of pure vulnerability.

Corby said...

Louise,
Thanks, I was really feeling this work when I was composing it.

-Corby