Sunday, February 08, 2009

Life occasionally kicks you in the gut, you fall over curled up into yourself and you think that you can get up from this. You just need some time, to get through the pain of the blow. You had strong kicks before, although this one is so much more. Still you think you can do this, you are strong and people depend on your strength. So you lay there for a moment, sucking in air and you know when you are out of it things will be different but maybe you will find some moments of peace and happiness again. Then when you are down, life kicks you in the face. Rough and cruel, this blow changes the course you thought you were on. I cannot but feel that all this is leading somewhere, I have to believe this. I cannot think otherwise or I would not be able to wipe off my face and stand up to face life as it comes at me.

2 comments:

dianne said...

You certainly have had more than your share of sadness and I can understand that you would want to curl up in yourself and give up.
Corby dear you will find the strength to pick yourself up, so keep breathing and wipe away those tears, I know you will find moments of peace and happiness again.
I'm sure with your feelings for words of beauty and your painting there is something special waiting for you.
You have more strength than you realise and you can face anything that life throws at you, just believe in yourself. ♥

Corby said...

I will, I just want to give up sometimes. Don't we all?


-Corby