Thursday, March 05, 2009

I swear I heard him call my name today. I was remembering as I walked over the brick walkway, how hundreds of times I have gone there. I was thinking about how much I loved it there and how my past and future selves could merge, that maybe somewhere there was a hidden alcove of joy in me. I clung to it as I walked, the first I have felt in so long. I could sense that spring was coming and I wanted to fall on my knees and weep at the beauty of it. This long sad winter can end, it must end as all seasons do. I have been gathering my strength in being alone with my sadness, it has been so good for me. I do not have to answer to anyone, be anything for anyone, just go to work come home and do what I feel like doing. So I walked and remembered, for a second I thought I heard him, so I turned but no one was there.

2 comments:

dianne said...

A beautiful 'moment' in a memory Corby dear, there is still some joy there. ♡

I have had some moments like this, one day I might write about them. ♡

Corby said...

Dianne,

I am glad, they feel so good in a dark time don't they?

-Corby