Sunday, March 22, 2009

In the beginning of the dream she died, his love. She was walking with a friend when a bomb went off. We walked over that space together, where she had been before she disappeared. The residents watched us, it was like a town square. He grabbed me, he was a tall man with dark curly hair and whispered his laments for her in my ear in some strange language as he grasped me to him. He loved her still but I stood there with him, wishing he loved me. I was my usual tall self, as tall as he was. We wandered through some very messy and seemingly abandoned rooms full of old clothes and other random household things. I followed him. We then were riding in a bus through the streets of this old European city. The buildings were gothic in style and towered above us flanked by giant trees. We went into a store where a woman stood behind a counter. It seemed like a tent, yellowish interior. I reached around to a small bird that was sitting on a nest. It was grey and downy. I reached to get it on my hand but it would not jump up. The bird's nest and everything in the store started swinging. The products fell onto the floor so I followed the man out. Then suddenly it was dark out and he and I were riding down a muddy farm road. He told me that he believed that heaven was in this world and I agreed. I said I wished I could run through a forest of the giant ancient trees like it once was. He said but we have had to have the fields and farms to support the animals so that we could thrive. I agreed glad that he was sharing with me and then I woke up. I am left wondering at this strange dream of a world and person I do not know.

No comments: