Sunday, March 01, 2009

It is a love story
the old fashioned kind
the complexity of wanting all of you
but letting go when needed
paring it down to the basic elements
of shape and color
a necessary change in approach
to render the feeling right
and I love you
so I draw a simple line
one that continues to your page
and bursts forth in a thousand shapes and colors
that light up your face
enough perhaps small joy
just to know you smile
think of me then
I draw up my brush
to paint something new
I will always be here
even when you fade from view
I carry your memory
and the hope of some other life
where I can touch you as my own

-Corby

6 comments:

Jean said...

still hoping for someday...
don't let it smother the life that resides in you now.

dianne said...

Oh Corby that is so sad...
I don't know what to say to comfort you but do be happy that you know him and he is a part of your life, not in the way that you want I know.
Dont give up, it is wonderful to feel love even if it is not returned...no-one knows what will happen in the future, all we have is now. @-->--

Corby said...

I just need to vent out some stuff here, so hence the poems.

Not real life, just real emotions.
Thanks though, gals :-)
-Corby

Anonymous said...

I'm selfishly full of gratitude that you vent your "stuff" here.

I think of emotions as the essential expression of real life.

After reading your poems I am left wondering if this person knows how beautifully, gracefully and eloquently he is loved - and what effect it would have.

Corby said...

dw- sometimes I wonder that myself, I do my best to show it in the ways that I can. I really do not think I will ever be able to really say it though.

-Corby

Corby said...

I am afraid of losing him...:-(