Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My love, birds are just birds
they are not carrying a message of meaning
The days come and I lift my head
starting again and again.
All my heroes have left
in the endless drone of February
I want to drive by
keep going to see where I will end up,
but I make the turn
and leave the possibility out there.
Those dreams seem like someone else's now
as I feel the weight of it pressing
down into my bones.
I cannot fly
I cannot fly
birds are just birds, my love.

-Corbyhawk

3 comments:

dianne said...

That is so lovely Corby dear and so too the colours of the sunset. ♡

Jean said...

If people flew, we'd probably mess that up, too, unfortunately.
Not all dreams are meant to be realized. Doesn't mean we can't enjoy the dream, though ;-)

You're still painting, aren't you, Corby? I hope.

Corby said...

Dianne,

Thanks,

Jean- yes we would crash a bit
but dreams are good to have!

-Corby