Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Yes I miss him, sure I do. I would not have felt so much to be able to turn it off and walk so easily away. It was all wrapped up in my work and growth, so much more. How could you think I would be the callous one and just walk away. Of course I had to protect myself and really there is an innocence to it, you are my friend. I am surrounded by hours of work but none of it is reaching me today, none of it. It does not tell that story, the one you so abruptly ended with non-response after all those years. I was good and so were you. I am insulted that you exited so quickly and never responded. What did I do to deserve that cruelty? I am not dead, I am building a life over here, why should I not have what you have? A woman painter, everyone thinks that will end when you try to build a life, but painting is that life. Mostly men say that,but I am sick of it really. Sick of having that fear, no it is not over or ending. It continues and grows, changes away from you. He looked at me with such distain this a-hole of a guy I work with, like now he cannot posess because I am full and fertile and wonderful. I am happier without the longing because it is more sensible and I am tired of it. Yet I do miss him terribly and would love to spend the time catching up, laughing with him again and being there to admire him as I do. I rather enjoyed making him happy as he deserves and loving him as if he were a part of my own family. I miss that, sometimes rather terribly.

3 comments:

dianne said...

This is a sad situation Corby dear,he should be trying to make you happy and encouraging your art, something which is so important to you. xoxoxo ♡

Corby said...

Dianne,

I just wonder how I managed to mess up a friendship. As far as I know I did not really do anything wrong... what can you do? Just hope I suppose.

-Corby

dianne said...

Corby dear, I guess all you can do is hope ... friendships and relationships can be difficult sometimes and they should not be if people are honest and care about each others needs and feelings, you obviously care for this person, he should appreciate this.
As far as I know I didn't do anything wrong to lose the close friendship that I shared with Alexander, yet he is gone, not one word from him though he said he would return; he has left me confused and bewildered and with so many questions of 'why' which only he can answer.
I hope it will all be resolved for you in a positive way. xoxo ♡