Thursday, February 10, 2011

Paean

Apollo the day is almost done
And I have not yet forgotten you.
The fire of daylight shadow’s spread
We are falling to earth like the light
In this last concourse
The flicker on our edges of memory
Where once there was morning
The singer of full day hushes
To greet me once again
I look to you
Travel the circuit of your eye
I was waiting for the darkness
Our inevitable conclusion refrains
The long day passes then stalls
Throwing our colors before us
Unquenched still burning
Even as this day fades

By the Corbyhawk herself.

4 comments:

Jean said...

you are not a quitter...I knew you had it in you!

Corby said...

Thanks Jean, you are fast! :-)

-Corby

dianne said...

A beautiful poem dear Corby, the photo of the sunset above with its fiery colours is a perfect complement to your words.

xoxoxo ♡

Corby said...

Thanks Dianne!