Thursday, August 17, 2006

Painting ...again....

So it is just me again, no profound quotes or articles of interest. I am not as much in other artist's words right now and am gathering myself to create an outpouring of the inner stuff I have been collecting. Really that just means that I am working again. I am only taking a break from a rather frustrating bit of painting to rest up for the final attack. I have gone back to an older work that had some very good areas and some areas that demanded to be moved up in order to make the overall thing successful. I had a moment of insight on it, quite out of the blue when I was showering this morning. I knew percisely what I needed to do. That is a rare thing, and makes me feel rather silly that I had not seen it before. Once changed the good parts of it rang out like music, an of course, of course! The gold eye flickers as it did not before and I am hopeful I will conquer the rest of it.

Another idea creeps up as well for another painting, they are coming through the fog like old ships gliding without sound. All at once this giant thing is here, how could it be missed? So large and looming as it comes into full view.

He looked at himself in the mirrored glass.

No comments: