Monday, July 16, 2007

I recognized for the first time in my life there is a mystery in the transmission of feeling across wide space; the fact that individual essence may be poured out of one and carried on a sheet a paper faithfully to its goal, may run through the living fingers, a stream of vital energy, possibly ponderable, anyway effectual, speaking to one of what it will, and that one receives messages with some receptive organ besides the elementary ones of eye and ear. Every written word is embued with a portion of the writer's total being; the properties of the blood, bones and nerves have flowed into the electrical stream that charges the page.

-Mabel Dodge Luhan - Edge of Taos Desert

3 comments:

rb said...

... - .. .-.. .-.. - .-. ..- . - --- -.. .- -.--

Corby said...

hmmm... Mystery comment rb?

-Corby

Jean said...

heh... I think those might be electrical streams, sending a message.

Love what she says here! I hope it's true. I think it is.