Saturday, November 10, 2007

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!
Do you want to know how "romantic" art making is? Well guess what? Today it is not. I am trying to be zen, happy, enjoy myself and it is just not happening. I want to take this crappy piece of ass painting and throw it and all of its trickery out the god damn window. UGH. When I need to get things accomplished I dither and dither forever on a face that well looks like a pumpkin with drugged out eyes. Perhaps tomorrow I will remember I can paint, because today I am beginning to wonder. My effortless passages are only achieved after hours of steady revisions, looking for that one bit of perfect color. Some people can just do that I am sure and I am wondering why I work so damn hard anyway. Perhaps I should think about abstractions and not pumpkin heads. Perhaps I should quit for the night but I generally have a policy to not stop until I have a good resolution. Perhaps slightly upturned noses are generally problematic and should not be allowed. Perhaps I should shut up and continue painting.
Tah tah my lovelies.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Well, m'dear, perhaps my muse and your muse are off together somewhere. I hope they are enjoying themselves and come back with some brilliance for both of us! Until then... the struggle continues.

(and, yes... you probably ARE too sexy for your smock :)

Corby said...

:-)
Ha! Those fickle muses, off gallivanting around when we are stuck painting pumpkin headed boys!

-Corby