Saturday, March 01, 2008

From that fear and nothing a painting comes... it breathes out its life on the canvas and my mind is lulled by the concentration of shaping it. The snow comes again and I am so sick of snow. I want sun and flowers because winter and fall have taken such a toll on me this year. I will be ok, I am strong and I will not lose hope. Even though it is snowing and dark and endlessly cold, I will remember the sun. I at least have those snapshots of wonder and possibility and beauty in my mind. Those sweet days are not lost, I will never forget them and I would not trade a moment even knowing that everything must change. It was worth it and maybe spring will bring flowers and hope again. So I wait as I always do and paint falling butterflies. This painting will surprise them all and I love to do that. I love to step up to the bar and throw it down, going way beyond expectations. I will not wilt at this, I am far too feisty and full of life. I laugh at sorrow because I believe in this and I thumb my nose at the sky. I know this and I will not give up.

No comments: