Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A silly self interview just to be tacky...

So you have a blank canvas in front of you?

Yes I have this big show coming and I have to get working. The funny thing is that I want to paint more mammals lately including the bi-pedal kind (us) and now I will be forced to work exclusively on birds, because of the show.

How does one start a painting?
I usually feel them first then see them in my mind. They then bother me, like a little voice in my head and demand to be painted. Unfortunately the three that are haunting me do not have birds in them and therefore have to wait several months. Hopefully the impulse for them does not die off as it can do.

So why are you slacking now?
I have no idea what to paint with this unanticipated theme switch, I was on a creative roll with the other ideas. Birds also represent so much and I just do not want to go there. The paintings also have to be more academic and traditional and part of me wants to abandon realism. A tough spot, to tighten the control when you want to lose it.

So go figure it out you ninny...this is way to important!
I KNOW, and I will, believe me I get my S... done. I am also working on other opportunities at the same time, because I am crazy passionate about this art thing. People do not understand it, how it drives me all day long. It is what I want to do even when I am avoiding it on this type of distraction. Off I go....

2 comments:

Jean said...

ooh...try some Flamingoes in a Florida swamp!
um...a woodpecker in an oak tree.
How about a white-ish/peach cockatoo?
ooh.ooh...a big old Owl!!

I'm excited for ya. Can you tell??
:-)

Corby said...

ok, A red-faced comorant...Thanks Jean!

:-)

Corby