Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well the last day and a half have been very eventful and not so much in a good way. I have had a bit of a crisis at work which I will not divulge the details of which, except that it is rather horrible and sort of embarrassing. This is not generally good and I am not looking forward to the drama that will greet me when I get there tomorrow. In other news my previous food purchases could make me very sick so...I did manage to get a shot today along with a large portion of the other affected public. This required waiting in large lines for long periods of time. Luckily I am under 40, the older folks had to get the shot, in their buttocks. Not the sort of fun you want to have on a Sunday. How I manage to get into these little dramas I will never know. I seem to attract it. One little predicament after another, silly and stressful. The show went well. I did have to take out a tissue in my pocket and wipe off the greasy fingerprints on my picture during the opening. It was quick though and understandable as it really did not look good to have slime on my work. My friends understood and expected no less from me. Argh...argh....today is argh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When life gives you argh, knit argyle socks.

I love the description of that show as a comedy of errors - because it really is, and seems like it would take the edge off a little because it's just expected that something will go awry so you don't even have to worry about it.

Corby said...

True I expect it every time and well it just wouldn't be right without it. It helps to not take the whole showing thing seriously, really. It is a rather anti-climatic culmination of so much effort it becomes laughable. I rather enjoyed going up to my work as if I were the maid and mopping off the fingerprints. It is my way of thumbing my nose at the "I take myself way to seriously" crowd. who looked on with horror.
Besides lately with our weather we need argyle socks, it is so cold!

-Corby
(I am glad you comment now, you are insightful and welcomed!)