Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I am a basket case today. I am already incredibly nervous about hanging this show and the whole process I have to undertake in the next week or so. It makes my stomach twist up and my face is flushed with stress. I just want it to be perfect, the work to look so good and show how much effort I have put into it. I want to make sure it is an excellent show and I care so damn much about it. I want the ending to reflect all of the emotion I have placed into it. This show is really me hanging my heart out there for all to see. What I really fear is the end of it. The knowledge that when it is done, it is done. I know I have to carry all of the learning and love I have placed so carefully there into the future, but I tell you I have lived these past years. I have been so happy under that steady gaze and grew towards the warmth of it. I hate to ever see it pass out of my life, please say that this will not be the end. I cannot endure the idea of returning to who I was before, not after all this. Not after painting birds, picturing flowers and all this falling....

3 comments:

Jean said...

why would it go away? why would you stop being you?
you have much more left to do.

Good luck with the show!

dianne said...

Good luck Corby, if the same love, warmth & talent which is reflected in your words & poems shines in your paintings then I am sure the show & your future will be a success.Please try not to worry so much, you have so much to give & share.

Corby said...

Thanks Jean, it won't but I worry my muse will, lovely muse...(sigh)

Dianne, thanks! I do worry but I will not worry about that!

-Corby